Friday, July 22, 2011

It's 5:00...A.M.

There's a cat sitting on the arm of my chair, begging for attention.

My son's curled up in his bed, sleeping.

A storm is grumbling outside and raining on my herbs (YAY!).

I've revised another 6 pages of my novel.

And now, with only a half-hour until I need to get up, I want to go back to bed.

Don't you hate when that happens??

I blame it on the fact that I have been stuck in the house for days on end, the storm outside, the cat that won't leave me alone.

The real reason I'm up and still tired?  I'm restless.

I have very little going on in my life that constitutes as mental stimulation.  Editing is simple to me, like a game of hide-and-seek where everyone jumps up and screams, "Here I am!"  I'm not inspired enough to write something new.  I grab at new songs I hear on the radio and memorize the lyrics in hope that they'll help pull me out of this funk.  I look at my wish list and realize that having no money means I can't do most of the things on that list.

Damn.  I hate depression.

Okay, so.  Best way to counter-think depression is to focus on what I have, not what I don't.  So...what do I have that I'm truly grateful for?

  • The unconditional love of my Savior, my mother, and my son.
  • The unending loyalty of my family--those who are family by blood, and family through faith
  • The doctors who are helping my son with his hearing and speech difficulties
  • Music--good God, how I love music
  • Chores--hey, don't roll your eyes.  They give me a sense of purpose.
Alright.  That helped a little.  I have a busy day ahead, and that will help too.  The less time I have to sit around and ponder, the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment