Sunday, March 13, 2011

Freedom

Freedom (noun): : the quality or state of being free: as
a : the absence of necessity, coercion, or constraint in choice or action.

So I have been without my son for three days.  FREEDOM! I thought.

Never mind that I sobbed for 15 minutes as I drove away.

But it left me with options that I usually don't have: sleep in, take random naps, go see a movie, get some housework done.

b : liberation from slavery or restraint or from the power of another : independence
c : the quality or state of being exempt or released usually from something onerous <freedom from care>

I had no one else's nap schedule to hold me captive, no one screaming for me to feed them.  No half-finished projects because I've been summoned by a whining, almost-2-year-old...






*sniff*  I want my baby back!

No comments:

Post a Comment